Advice & Mentoring
The right strategic advice for transforming your business
We are accountants but we are also social enterprise specialists. But that’s far from all we are, or everything we do.
We go way beyond the numbers, to see the complete picture.
Our staff have our thirty years of third sector experience means that we can listen, consult and advise. You could call it consultation (that comes as standard, rather than as an added, expensive extra) or we could work with you to mentor you and you team to take that next step.
This support can address and overcome a wide variety of challenges and opportunities, including:
- Strategic planning and sustainability
- Measuring social impact
- Legal structures
- Fundraising strategies
- Reviews of your systems and processes
- Accounting and tax advice
- Part time finance director support
- Consultations with your board and trustees
Training & Development
Your teams could, and should, be the key to success
From the basics of governance, to harnessing your cloud accounting software, our training can unlock the full potential of your financial team.
Our training has transformed the effectiveness of many of our clients, but this list is by no means exhaustive - however we can help, if we can, we will.
- Setting up your accounting software to ensure ease of reporting to funders and best practice
- Governance training for your board or trustees (including roles and responsibilities)
- Strategy session facilitation
- A session on a one-off technical issue for your finance manager
- Risk management training for the charity sector.
- Budgeting & collaboration between departments
- Charity finance training courses – from beginner to pro.
- Understanding your management accounts
- Understanding and planning your tax liabilities
Training that fits into your pressing schedule
Working towards your good cause involves endless tasks, to dos and challenges. No two working days are the same – you need training that flexes and fits to you, your fundraising activities and your team.
We can train virtually – via a platform such as Skype, or we could train in person on a one-to-one level (at your premises, or ours). We can even deliver a course for entire teams – bringing everyone up to speed quickly and effectively.
Accountancy & Compliance
Accounting for the third sector demands specialist expertise
You (and your non-profit) benefits from a single accountant
Your single point of contact comes to deeply understand, and care, about your organisation (and its beneficiaries). There’s no need to schedule appointments months in advance – they’ll always be on the other end of a phone or email – and ready to meet face-to-face when and where you need.
In short, they are there to lessen the pressure, and hand you your time back. Over the years, they’ll be there for hurdles and changes for growth – advising, guiding and always adding value along the way.
We are ethical (and so are our fees)
Our clients want predictable outgoings, anything less and financial chaos can reign. We appreciate just how vital fixed fees are. So that’s exactly what we provide – a fixed, monthly fee.
More than 10,000 charities file late EVERY, SINGLE, YEAR
Filing late doesn’t just jeopardise your reputation, it also means that you run the risk of significant fines – funnelling vital funds away from your pressing objectives. Our accountancy service ensures that you file on time, every time – no last-minute paperwork rush, no preparation that saps your time in the approach to that dreaded deadline date.
Our accountancy services include
- Annual statutory accounts preparation and submission
- Annual corporation tax preparation and submission
- Independent Examination service
- Preparation of management accounts
- Payroll and auto-enrolment pensions
- Support with regulatory bodies report submissions
- VAT returns and partial exemption
- Choosing the right cloud accounting software or document automation software
- Accounting for funds